Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Big Girl..

Got her ears pierced today!!




I'm not going to lie -- I've been back and forth about the whole idea since before she was born.  I thought I would wait until she was older and let her make the decision herself.  Needless to say I've changed my mind and Michael agreed with me this weekend that I could book the appointment and take her to get them pierced.  I went in today to book an appointment for Friday and they told me that they had to have two girls that are capable of doing babies ears (they have a whole system), so it was good that I was going to pre-book.  I made a comment like 'I'm assuming no one could do it today', and the cosmetician replied, 'actually we could do it now!'.  My heart skipped a couple beats and I don't think I said anything for a solid minute.  Finally, after starting to sweat a little.. I decided to go for it!  Kingston was content in the stroller eating his popcorn (for the first time!) so we got all set up.  I picked beautiful light pink studs for her ears, and learned about the whole cleaning process.  Charlotte sat on my lap while they marked her ears, and set up their piercing guns.  I'm so glad these wonderful ladies were able to do both ears at the same time because who knows if I would have made it through the process again (holding/pinning Charlotte down so she couldn't flinch was by far the worst part).  And then she cried for about 13 seconds.  And it was over.  Charlotte looked up with tears in her eyes and smiled at me, and finally I could breath again.  

At the end of the day: I'm glad I did it! She looks beautiful and girly (let's face it -- she has no hair!), and daddy was both speechless and shocked when we got home.  But I think he likes it :) He actually cleaned them tonight while I was at the gym -- even though he said he didn't want to touch them.  I think he's afraid he's going to hurt her.  But Michael is Michael and supportive in every way!


I think she likes them..

No comments:

Post a Comment