Monday, July 4, 2011

A Whole Month

... has passed without a single blog post.  A friend last night reminded me that I haven't blogged in a long time, and I told her honestly I had somewhat abandoned the blog in favor of sunshine, relaxation, a clean house and of course my beautiful children.  June was a busy month for us -- and we knew that coming in.  The last few months have been preparing us for craziness and exhaustion, and while it was fun, I'm glad to be onto July. 

This past month included a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our anniversary, Kingston's gymnastics graduation, Father's Day, the purchase of a new car, Several day trips and events, a bachelorette, and a beautiful wedding.  Throw in a toddler whose language is exploding and an infant who has become mobile (and quite fast!) and I'm surprised we're not hibernating through the rest of the summer.  I will attempt to post a recap of many of the above named events throughout this  month, however today I want to talk about our morning outing. 

We decided since the weather was beautiful once again, to take the babies to Pinafore Park in St. Thomas.  I had been there once before when I worked in childcare and It was exactly how I remembered.  It is BY FAR the best children's park I've ever been too.  There is also a splash pad attached but honestly, Kingston didn't even notice (we brought his swim stuff in case he decided he wanted get wet!).  We had a great time on the climber and slides, mini-zipline and swings (for Miss C of course!).  I packed a delicious picnic lunch and we found a table in the shade to relax and watch the other kids play (I'm surprised Kingston actually made it through half his sandwich before he wanted to 'sliiiiiiiiiide'). 

As I uploaded pictures.. I once again noticed that there aren't as many of Charlotte as there are Kingston.  Now before you jump to any 'second child syndrome' conclusions -- I will say that for most of the morning I followed Bubba around (and I take a LOT of pictures) and that daddy pushed Charlotte in the swing or cuddled with her in the shade, etc.  Daddy does not take as many pictures as momma. 

Climbing through the tube..

Daddy & Charlotte cuddle and swing..

Climbing the rock wall to 'my sliiiiiiiide'.

Chillin', having a cracker and watching everyone zipline..


Momma & Kingston on the BIG slide.

Daddy's turn -- please don't dislocate anything..


Weeeeeeeeee....

'My toooooo'





Lunch time!

Toes are far more interesting than lunch..

1 comment:

  1. So fun! How awesome is it that M gets to do some of these weekday trips with you guys!

    P.S. That Charlotte has GORGEOUS eyes!

    ReplyDelete