or lack of.
Go ahead and ask Michael. He will tell you that generally speaking, I talk about going to the gym/eating better/losing weight daily. I wake up in the morning telling myself that I will make time to get to the gym when M gets home, and that I will make time to prepare myself a healthy breakfast/lunch, and I don't do either of these things. Granted, things like laundry, dishes, or cleaning are on this list too and they don't always get done either. Eating good food during the day has always been a struggle (since Kingston was a baby). Preparing yourself a meal when you've got a toddler crying for lunch, and a newborn crying for a bottle, is not a priority. And if by some miracle I can get both babies to take an afternoon nap at the same time, you better believe I'm also napping. M and I have mutually agreed that after Kingston goes to bed is the best time for us to go to the gym. We figured it would work out best if we take turns and go on alternate nights. So far -- M goes pretty regularily, and I've yet to go since moving back to London.
Being a mom of two babies is exhausting. But so is making excuses. Now that Charlotte is starting to sleep through the night, and I'm starting to feel like myself again, I will be going to the gym regularily, and I will be eating healthier. Wanna know why? Purely selfish and vain reasons..
I want to fit and look good in the new jeans I got for Christmas.
Sad isn't it?
I don't believe in New Years resolutions because lets face it, 99% of people don't keep them anyway. But this is something I will be striving to accomplish. In the last 24 months I have been pregnant TWICE. 20 months pregnant. Yep. That's a whole lot of 'eat whatever you want - because you're going to be fat anyway' time. Not to mention a 'get out of the gym - free' card.
So while I will not be giving you my current weight/goal weight, etc. Let's just say I'm hoping to lose between 10-15 lbs and fit into my beautiful new size 4 jeans.
You can do it Jen, and don't be too hard on yourself! Geesh! I completely understand about the whole trying to prepare a healthy meal thing too! Believe me the older they get the harder it is! Hubby and I are doing the whole eating better and working out thing too come January! Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteI know you can do it!!
ReplyDeleteThat is my goal to Jenn. It is so hard to do anything with a 3 month old so I can't imagine having a 15 month old and a 2 month old! You can do it though, you are strong!
ReplyDeleteYou already look fantastic but best of luck I'll be trying to do the same! Great jeans btw!
ReplyDelete