K: "Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssss"
M: "Do you want to go down the slide?"
K: "Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss"
M: "Do you want to blow bubbles?"
K: "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
I think it's safe to say that swimming lessons were a hit.
We got to the Aquatic Center early.. and we will NEVER do that again. I thought Kingston was going to burst from excitement and joy, we couldn't keep him away from the side of the pool. He was THAT kid - you know, the one who's screaming because they want to go in! When it was finally his turn he was more than happy to join daddy in the very cold pool, while other children cried and scrambled to get out. The "Duck" class sang lots of songs, played games, and raced across the pool. I love that Kingston is tall enough to touch the bottom of the pool -- he definately kept daddy on his feet!
When Kingston got out of the water (and of course, he was the last one out) his lips were blue and he couldn't stop shivering. The water at the Aquatic Center is NOT warm.. but while the adults were all more than ready to get out of the frigid water -- the toddlers wanted to stay a while longer! We heard many little ones crying to go back in.
(I know K looks scared in that second picture.. but he was actually laughing).
I came to the conclusion today after playgroup and swimming lessons that my child is pretty darn amazing. Granted some might call him a little obnoxious, but with two fairly outgoing parents, what do you really expect?
He's the child that gets *so* excited that he hits another child in the face while trying to hug and kiss them.
He's the child that jumps up in the middle of a song/story to dance and talk along.
He's the child that enjoys activities so much that he can't help but scream, shout, jump, and (if applicable) splash!
He's the child that loves to be the center of attention -- regardless who the audience is.
He's the child that leads other children into doing things they probably shouldnt do.
Kingston is willful, fearless, outgoing, loving, passionate and energetic.... And I'm okay with all of that!
He's amazing! :)
ReplyDelete