Saturday, February 5, 2011

$14.97?

(for the record -- if you're tired of reading about my children, you're reading the wrong blog.  They are my life, and almost every single post will have something to do with them!)

The past few weeks, M has been really really busy with work, and his nights were mostly spent on his computer working on a few different projects.  So this weekend, he decided that he was 100% ours -- and we started our weekend a little early.  On Friday after going to Kingston's first playgroup session 'little circle of friends' (which was AWESOME by the way), I went out to do a few errands while the babies napped at home.  Michael and Charlotte spent the morning doing a few things out and about, so everyone was tired but momma.  I hit the LCBO, the bank, Michaels, etc.  And my last stop was into Canadian Tire to look for a sled for K.  Michael expressed that very morning that he really wanted to take Kingston tobogganing.  I love the little wooden sleds and so I went searching for one.  Maybe I'm just really cheap -- but $69.99 for a toboggan was a little insane.. so instead he got a shiny blue plastic one for $14.97.  After I got home we decided to go for a family walk, and let me tell you -- in one walk around our neighbourhood I got every penny back.  I pushed Gidget in the stroller which was challenging to say the least (doesn't anyone clean the sidewalk?) so after a short walk we headed back to the house.

 

Kingston and daddy continued around the neighbourhood, and I could hear both of my men laughing as they ran up and down our hills.  I have never heard Kingston laugh so hard and for so long.  His beautiful smile rarely left his face as daddy dragged him around in this cheap little blue sled.     



I wish as an adult I could go back to thinking like a toddler.  Does Kingston care that he didn't get the $70.00 toboggan?  Nope.  Sure doesn't.  He's just lovin' the quality time with daddy and mommy (and of course Gidget). 

Makes you really think about what's important, huh? 


1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your kids!! Sounds like K and daddy had a great time - memories made! :)

    ReplyDelete