Here is the before...

And this is her bedding..
So my goal is to change her room to a more chocolate brown/white/pink colour scheme, which will still work with her bedding I think. Not to mention -- in another couple of months those bumpers will be coming out anyway and then all I really have left is the pink sheets.. and striped bedskirt.. which works for me! :)
My sister has made pillows and is working on a quilt for Charlotte.. so I will be working from those fabrics/colours.
My first project (well.. 'our' first project -- ie. Cathy & I -- let's face it.. I don't sew!), is a framed fabric photo board for above the changetable. Depending on how this goes, we may attempt curtains, and rocking chair cushions. Plus I will be painting two walls (the wall with the window, and the opposite wall) a nice chocolate brown. I also feel as though she needs some kind of a storage shelf/bookcase in her room... but I haven't quite decided. For the photo board, I really like this style.
So this Saturday we will be attempting one of my first ever DIY projects. Wish me luck! :)




haha good luck Jen - I'm sure you will make out fine! :)
ReplyDeleteI love crafting! Curtains are easy! Because even if you don't sew in a straight line you can bunch them up and nobody can tell!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the progress!! I'm gearing up for a little nursery decorating myself. :)
ReplyDelete