I heart you Kijiji. Yep, I totally call it an online yard sale because in my opinion that's exactly what it is. You can haggle and negotiate. You find the strangest things.. and virtually always find what you're looking for (assuming you look long enough). We've had a lot of success selling things on Kijiji, and this is only the second thing I've ever purchased.
I've been casually looking through Kijiji for some outdoor toys for Kingston for the summer (I plan to spend a LOT of time outside!). I've been looking since around Christmas because I figure the closer we get to spring/summer the more people will be looking for this stuff. We have more than enough storage space in the basement for anything I do find and I'm looking for things like a slide, playhouse, sandbox, etc. I did browse Toys R Us but even the sale prices are more than I'm willing to pay (playhouses usually start around $200.00). I have a hard time paying that much for something that I plan to leave in the backyard and that will quickly become dirty and sunfaded.
After once again looking through the London Kijiji section and finding nothing, I thought I should probably expand my search. This past week Michael has been all over the place for work, and I knew he was going to Windsor on Thursday. I looked for a solid half hour, before I found this little gem.
Located just outside Windsor, this slide was for sale for $50. It's never been outside (they used it in the basement) and is in perfect condition (other than the one small dent on the slide). I looked it up on toys r us -- this retails for $99 brand new. I knew I would have paid the $50 but of course I had to haggle a little.. and offered $40 and pick up the very next day. Needless to say, Kingston has a new castle slide. For now it's in the playroom but in the summer I will be moving it to the backyard! His cars have enjoyed zooming down the slide all morning... and I believe Kingston may have found his new parking garage. So much for playing on the window sil...
I heart kijiji too!! :)
ReplyDelete