Kingston weighs 29lbs (around 75th percentile)
and is 34.5" tall (around 98th percentile).
According to the paediatrician, when Kingston turns 2 we can guestimate his adult height (about double what he is at 2yrs), but she forcasts that he will be very tall (over 6ft).
We also went through the Nippising together and I expressed my concerns about his speech. She talked with Kingston, and he both mimicked a lot of what she was doing, as well as repeated the words he knows, and answered questions ("Where is mommy?" -- points to momma). Overall she's quite happy with his development and believes his language should start picking up any day now. I have noticed that over the last few days he's been trying to communicate more, and says 'this' and 'that' to get us to label things.
Our doctor prescribed a cream for his mild eczema .. and we learned that he has a mild sensitivity to tomatoes (his arms get red and itchy when he eats pasta). But as long as it stays localized to his arms.. we aren't concerned.
We also discovered he once again has redness in his ears, and a lot of fluid. He is really congested with a runny nose, and sore throat/cough (again!) so we're not sure if he needs antibiotics or we just need to ride out the cold. For now he's not on anything, but if he gets cranky/fever this week I'm supposed to go back. My lucky boy didn't get his needles today because of this -- and I can honestly say I'm a little relieved. I was not looking forward to the needles today .. I think it's because he's old enough to give me the 'momma why are you doing this to me?' look.. he's not a baby anymore.. he's a little boy and it's like I'm hurting him and he doesn't understand why. And I'm sure he won't forget 3 minutes later like he used to. On that note he doesn't have to get them until April 14th -- when BOTH babies get their needles (Charlotte will get her 6 month needles -- hard to believe I know).
(Playing with his new hotwheels this morning -- his 'treat' for being such a good boy doing errands with Mommy. Yes he's spoiled. I'm okay with that).
When I was 2 the doc predicted 6 feet tall... and he was right! :)
ReplyDeleteSince Kingston is in the 98-99th percentile.. I'm thinking like.. 6'2-6'4. But I guess I won't know for a few.. err MANY years. :)
ReplyDelete