Last year was a long year. It was eventful. It was painful. Don't get me wrong -- there were events that will forever be remembered and cherished.. but there was a lot of saddness.
Spending the first week of February in Mexico with our 4 month old baby boy and some of Michael's family was amazing. We had such a fantastic time, and I think that trip will be tough to beat. From the food, to the accommodations, to the entertainment -- it was a great way to start our year.
We had our first Valentines Day, Easter, Mothers Day, and Fathers Day with Kingston. And celebrated each of those special days as a family and in our own way.
We moved back to London, and into a house and neighbourhood that we love. We prepared for our baby girl, and celebrated our baby boy turning 1!
and My beautiful daughter, Charlotte was brought into this world on October 14th. She was 17 days early and quite a surprise to both Michael and I. We knew she would be early, even if my doctor didn't think so. He thought I was getting the 34, 35, 36 week itch that has every pregnant woman thinking that labour is around the corner. But I knew it was coming close. I felt it on Thanksgiving, everything was just far too familiar. and then 4 days later Gidget arrived. I definitely count my blessings that Michael did NOT go up north on the Wednesday (like he had planned).
There are many more things running through my mind -- but I'm not going to list them. Mostly because Kingston will be awake any minute :)
There was also a lot of loss for my family.
A friend of the family passed away, leaving two small children without their mommy. My sister's boyfriend passed away just a month after that. A wonderful friend of the family (more like my 3rd grandmother) passed away and just shortly after that my grandfather also passed away. Friends and acquaintances have also experienced many deaths this year and so for me, 2010 will be remembered as a year of loss.
And so I know, my family and I looked forward to a new year. A new start.
A few things I'm looking forward to this year..
Nate & Linnett getting married -- I couldn't be happier for this amazing couple. And I am thrilled to be a part of their special day.
A very important birthday for my amazing husband. and that's all I can say about that <3
Of course Charlotte's first birthday (and all the other firsts she will have!), and my sisters 25th birthday!
A weekend away with my husband to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.
Family time spent with our children -- swimming, walks and trips to the park, to the zoo, to Marineland, to Great Wolf Lodge, to the trailer, to anywhere we dream up.
And with that -- I feel the need to post some pictures of our family taken throughout the year. Goodbye 2010!
Kingston's first time swimming Me & My Love (Mexico 02/10)
Apple Picking 09/10 Great Wolf Lodge 10/10 Baby Charlotte 10/10
Great Grandpa & Kingston K's 1st Easter 03/10 Great Friends -- my best friends!
Our family <3








My family agrees with you that you will be welcoming 2011 with open arms. As many other families will in our small home town.
ReplyDeleteI wish all the best to you and your family for 2011.
Great photos by the way.