If you haven't read the first part of 'Tuesday' scroll down and read it, or this will make no sense.
Tuesday Part 2.
Babies continue to sleep. And sleep. And sleep. I took the opportunity to shower, dress, and put on make up (Ooohh a rarity). I also packed the diaper bag, prepared the afternoon snacks for both babies, and got all of the outdoor gear set out by the door. I decided to take the babies to Adventures on Wonderland for the afternoon. Charlotte woke around 3:00 and Kingston around 3:30... as I went to tell Michael I was leaving, I somehow convinced him to bring his work to the livingroom and stay with Charlotte, leaving me only with Kingston to take to the indoor playground. I have no idea how I managed this, somehow convincing Michael he could get all his work done while Charlotte played on the floor or in the swing (which totally didnt happen). Off Kingston and I went to play at Adventures on Wonderland just the two of us, and we had a great time. Kingston has just learned that he can go up and down the slide by himself -- although his foot gets stuck sometimes :)
I also took him into the larger part this time which is designed for older children. He LOVED it. I fear that he will no longer want to play in the baby section.
Mom... this ball pit is HUGE! Can we take some home?!
Around 4:45 we headed home, just in time to relieve daddy from the crying baby. Apparently she cried the entire time we were gone, and the only thing that would quiet her was a top up bottle. Baby girl must be going through a growth spurt because within a couple of hours she must have drank 8 oz! We got dinner made (fish, egg noodles, and veggies) and on the table, and Kingston gobbled it up. Next up: Bath time.
We don't bathe our children everyday anymore since they both get really dry skin in the winter, but aim for every other night. It's quite the undertaking but we seem to have a routine down. Daddy & Kingston fill the big bathtub in our ensuite, while Mommy & Charlotte get the towels, facecloths, and pjs set out. Daddy gets in the tub with Kingston and washes him down. K then sits by daddys feet and plays while daddy washes Charlotte. I sit down (outside the tub) by Kingston just in case he slides a little (our tub is very slippy!). The three play and splash in the tub for a few minutes and then I take miss C out to get her dried off, lotioned, diapered and pj-ed. She hangs out on the bed or with her floor toys while I do the same for Kingston. Generally daddy hops in the shower while we all play in the playroom. Next comes a sippy of milk for K, a bottle for C, and wine for mommy (kidding!). We play, we laugh, we dance... etc. Kingston gets his teeth brushed by daddy, Mommy swaddles Charlotte and off the babies go to their cribs. Hugs and kisses from both mommy & daddy, music, etc etc, and it's lights out!! Not even 10 minutes later Mommy checks on both babies -- sound asleep. Life is good.
This is where we decide what we would like to do with our evening (since it's only 6:50pm). Tonight was my night to go to the gym but that didn't happen. I've been feeling kind of crummy lately and decided watching a hockey game and eating homemade chocolate chip cookies was the better choice. M cleaned the kitchen for me, while I baked cookies and changed the laundry again. And then we chilled on the couch all night.
So nice to see Daddy so involved! :)
ReplyDelete