Score 1 for Mommy!
We've been working with Charlotte, and last night was the first night she completely put herself to sleep in her crib. She cried for about 15 minutes, and then slept 8pm-8:30am. What a good girl <3
I wasn't sure how her naptime would go, but she usually naps at the same time as Kingston, just with Mommy in the big bed. Today was my first try, and so I fed her, changed her, swaddled her, gave her kisses, and popped her into her crib with her wonderful new mobile from daddy. I really didn't think she would go to sleep on her own -- and was waiting for that familiar cry.. however after checking on Kingston.. I went and checked on Charlotte, only to find....
She too was sound asleep :)
What on earth did I do to deserve two sleeping babies - at the same time and in their own beds? I've been feeling like garbage this past weekend, finally catching whatever Michael had for the last few weeks.. so I am looking forward to my nap too!!
Thank you beautiful babies! Mommy loves you! xoxo
Ahh, a mother with something POSITIVE to say about her children. How refreshing! lol! You are a great mom, Jen, and I love that you appreciate all the good moments your babies bring you! :)
ReplyDeleteI love how the topic seemed like it was going to be negative (since everyone is always complaining) but it was the complete opposite!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sophie! I try really *really* hard somedays to find the positive things that have happened -- it's not always easy. But I love my babies and wouldn't change a thing. I think it's too easy to get caught up in all the stuff that gets us down each day.. and while Monday was full of a lot of "No, Kingston!" "Leave Charlotte alone!" "Get down from there" "Stop doing that!" .... there were lots of snuggles, kisses, car driving, and a dance party to top it off! :)
ReplyDeleteOh and as for the title.. I couldn't figure out what I was going to blog about.. My brain was fried, so after I checked on the babies.. I literally was like... how the heck did I manage to get both babies to sleep at the same time in their own beds? It was like some great achievement!! I am trying reeeeeally hard to see the positive parts of each day :)